Thursday, June 3, 2010

Don't mess with me

So yesterday I met up with Jolyn and new clique for a night out. Eventhough it was my second time to Rebel, I am officially swearing off that place.


Firstly, it was a congregation of 40% Chinese, the rest other races. It was excruciating seeing other funny dance movement swirling around us. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Secondly, I nearly got myself into a fight. My first fight ever in my life, and not with a girl, but a guy.

Lets just say I did not drink much yesterday, I went into the dance floor wide awake, and the minute I stepped in, I found his hands on my boobs. My eyes followed the hand onto a Indian (the white kind) guy who already had his arms around another Indian girl. I looked him in the eye, and he still could smile at me. Bloody fucker!! So I told myself, "do first talk later".

My fist found itself at his most exposed area, his neck, and it was a pity he was too far and too tall for my knuckle to reach his face. I would have love to make that god riddance face bleed so badly.

Next was a struggle from both sides as my clique held me back, his holding him back and shouts from both sides.

I screamed at that fucker's friend that that asshole touched my breast, and I seriously wanted a fight. So what if I am a woman. Of course after that, I did intend to get the bouncers' and police help on pressing charges.


A minute of struggle later, (with that fucker trying to hit me too but his hand only swing across my hair) I tried to kick him but did not know who I ended up kicking in the mess.

In the end, both sides brought us far away from each other, and all I ended up was a spoiled beginning of what would have been an awful night at Rebel.

Eventhough my mood cleared at the later part, the music at Rebel didn't help pick things up. In fact, it was horrible. We left at 3plus, and went home straight.

.
.
.


Anyway, I have a personal discovery I would like to share.

In clubs, I realise there are somewhat "etiquettes" shown from guys while on the dancefloor. The usual would be for a guy who wants to dance to either:

1) Ask if he could dance with you- which RARELY ever happens
2) Close in on you and watch your body language if you'll like to dance with him
3) Prays and hope that the girl he has targetted is as flirtatious as him, and would automatically and spontaneously start the grinding session once she notices his presence. *rolls eyes*


Usually, it's a fight between option 2 & 3.

So if the guy thinks the 2nd option has shown positive results, he'll start to place his hands on your waist (usually from behind because the girl would be facing her clique anyways and he'll always have to start from the back) and see your response.

Of course there are girls who don't mind, and the grinding and flirtation begins. And of course with a flip of a coin, there will be girls like me who would take those hands off, turn around, give him a smile and nod, and kindly decline his offer.



During bad days, girls end up meeting fuckers who think they can take advantage of the seemingly drunk girls and bad lighting to anyhow grobe girls who walk past, and walk away unfazed. That's IF he does not meet girls like me.

*

On a side note, I feel I've changed.

No longer do I like binge-drinking, and I have become more aggressive when it comes to protecting myself. I think it's the singlehood that has changed me, for I know there is no one to protect me anymore except myself.

I also realised I still do love dancing, so Pearl, count me in on the dancefloor but not the booze! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment